toothbrush collision with teeth
Hey there, I'm trying to make a toothbrush with its bristles, brush/collide and deform over teeth. Accurately.
I have all the models built and the static models renders beautifully through vray.
Sounds simple enough but I have attempted massFX without luck, the cloth is too soft, the rigid body doesn't seem to have a springback. I've tried fur and hair, and whilst it looks promising, when doing it accurately, the geometry passes through and it also looks like spaghetti. I am battling with the learning curve and stability of particles, flow and deflectors.
So I just need help! There has to be a simple solution!?
Any feedback welcomed!
Photo 
3d model and render of the problem

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZCe1f99eoxibGaps8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/H5asz23ACBNmvEiJ7
Depending on how stiff you want it, maybe even wobble operator can do the trick (for very stiff).
Other then that, you can either use particle physics, or PhysX with very high binding numbers so it's stiff enough.
(01-26-2024, 09:43 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Depending on how stiff you want it, maybe even wobble operator can do the trick (for very stiff).
Other then that, you can either use particle physics, or PhysX with very high binding numbers so it's stiff enough.

thanks for the reply. i think we have spoken before!
the problem with hair/fur is that i cannot add a modifier above it.
Have you managed to do something like this before? im really battling. even the autodesk support is not helpful.
It's a simple problem for tyFlow, but you'll need to provide some more details about your setup. Are the strands splines?
(01-30-2024, 03:12 PM)tyFlow Wrote: It's a simple problem for tyFlow, but you'll need to provide some more details about your setup. Are the strands splines?

thankyou, its what ive been told!
but quite tricky for a first time user. but i am getting there.

My first build was rough geometry, representing the bristles. second was fur replacing that accurately.
lastly I built it accurately with bristle geometry arrays. apprx 10,000 bristles.
I can re-create it in splines if TyFlow works better with them?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)