Scale-in particles from birth
Hello!
I'm missing one thing from standard Max particles (pflow), the ability to scale-in particles from birth, from fx. 0-100% over 30 frames.
How is this done in Tyflow?

Regards,
Thomas

You can do that with a Scale operator, either with keyframes or by using the interpolation settings to scale up from zero over time.
(01-30-2024, 02:30 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You can do that with a Scale operator, either with keyframes or by using the interpolation settings to scale up from zero over time.

Ok, I sensed that the solution was in that direction. I'm just too much of a Tyflow novice to figure out which combination of settings to choose to get what I want.
An very basic example scene would be wonderful to have   Confused
Do you want to scale with keyframes? Or procedurally?
(01-30-2024, 03:25 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Do you want to scale with keyframes? Or procedurally?

Hmm, in 3DS Max it's built into the flow presets like blizzard and super spray, so it's linked to emit start frame. I have inserted a scale operator into the stack and played with the various settings, without luck.
I guess I want procedurally, this scale up/down should follow the birth frame.

/Thomas        
For procedural scaling, you can use the interpolation parameters of the Scale operator.

In this scene I start by scaling particles to zero in one Scale operator on their birth frame, then in a second Scale operator I scale them up to 500% over 20 frames using the interpolation parameters (timing in this operator is set to continuous). Finally using a time test I send them to another event after 50 frames and scale them down using the same interpolation settings.

Attached Files
.max   scaleUpDown.max (Size: 668 KB / Downloads: 61)
(01-31-2024, 03:06 PM)tyFlow Wrote: For procedural scaling, you can use the interpolation parameters of the Scale operator.

In this scene I start by scaling particles to zero in one Scale operator on their birth frame, then in a second Scale operator I scale them up to 500% over 20 frames using the interpolation parameters (timing in this operator is set to continuous). Finally using a time test I send them to another event after 50 frames and scale them down using the same interpolation settings.

A huge thanks from me, just what I needed  Smile
As a Tyflow rookie this is a very nice and simple example to learn from.

Thanks,
Thomas
Hi. I got this working, but it fails after I add a Cloth Bind operator. Is there any way around this? Btw, I only need things to scale from 0-100% over 30 frames, and not scale down.