export maps for terrain after multiple grids combined
Hi all

As per the title, I was hoping someone could help with how to go about exporting combined maps after multiple terrain grids have been combined via the terrain tile operators?

For my specific example I have combined 2 grids so my terrain is now a 2:1 rectangular shape rather than square. If I do a terrain copy out to an export terrain modifier from the combined terrain event, the terrain maps generated are only for one of the terrains.  I perhaps naively assumed that the exported maps would be combined to match what's shown in the viewport which is correct visually.  Typing out loud, could the correct process be to assign each terrain to a different material id or mapping channel and export each grid separately? Not sure how to do this and still have each grid aware of the other and the blending that's happening after the tile process.

Given the lack of help documentation as yet it would be good to get some pointers on the best process for this!

Thanks in advance for the help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hmm can you send me (or upload here) the file please? It would be quicker for me to examine this issue directly.
(02-09-2024, 01:53 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm can you send me (or upload here) the file please? It would be quicker for me to examine this issue directly.

Hi Tyson. Thanks for the reply.  I'll email a scene to support. Thanks in advance.
I would also like to know the correct workflow to export the maps after having multiple grids combined.
Currently I'm trying to export the terrain to Maya, the mesh itself works but the maps would export individually and I don't know how to use those maps inside Maya so it would show the correct maps on the Terrain mesh.

Edit : I uploaded some images to show how many maps Terrain export made and how it looks in 3dsMax vs Maya, obviously the Maya one uses only 1 map which is why it looks like that but I honestly have no Idea how to implement the Maps that got exported from 3dsMax to Maya I could try and use sub multi materials but I have no indication of whether they have some separation by IDs or not.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)