[SOLVED] How to change from one material to another at a certain time?
Question 
Hello, I have a problem with the materials (REDSHIFT) and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Let's see if you can help me. Thank you.

I have some unlit candles (Material 1) and I want them to light up (Material 2) the moment I collide with another object in the scene.

That is, I want to change the material of the sails when contacting an animated plane.

Redshift doesn't listen to me. And it only shows the material that is applied directly to the tyFlow object. And ignore the materials assigned to you within the tyFlow system. It's clear I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know exactly what.

Can you help me? Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nobody? Sad
You don't need to use instance material in shape material.
It's a lot easier if you just apply multi-sub object to TyFlow.
Then you have operator material ID, and you just place that operator, Material ID 1 in first event, and Material ID 2 in second event
(02-21-2024, 10:05 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote: You don't need to use instance material in shape material.
It's a lot easier if you just apply multi-sub object to TyFlow.
Then you have operator material ID, and you just place that operator, Material ID 1 in first event, and Material ID 2 in second event

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that's how I did it initially, but it changes all the object IDs (I think?).

The candle has 3 IDs:
ID1 the body of the lit candle (animated texture).
ID2 the body of the unlit candle.
ID3 the string.
ID4 the flame (animated texture).

So, how can I change only ID1 to ID2? keeping ID3 and ID4 as they are?

Thank you so much!

PS.- Absurd question (maybe). What's the point of being able to tell Shape to use the inherited material if it doesn't work? Why do I have to assign a material to the "tyflow" object and within the tyflow I have already told each Shape to use its inherited material? You know what I want to say?

Is it possible that the problem is Redshift?
Hey I tried this in Redshift and seems to work fine with a Multi/Sub object material as d4rk3lf says, and using Material ID operator in tyFlow.
Here's a video of it working. https://streamable.com/rjjuya

I tried the same set up using RSMultiMap too, but the IDs don't seem to work (unless baked into the mesh using MatID operator), which I think removes Instancing functionality Sad
(02-22-2024, 03:54 PM)betamax Wrote: Hey I tried this in Redshift and seems to work fine with a Multi/Sub object material as d4rk3lf says, and using Material ID operator in tyFlow.
Here's a video of it working. https://streamable.com/rjjuya

I tried the same set up using RSMultiMap too, but the IDs don't seem to work (unless baked into the mesh using MatID operator), which I think removes Instancing functionality Sad

Thanks for trying it. Yes, indeed that way you can make a total color change. But the problem is that I have 3 different objects inside the shape (3 shapes). And each object has 5 IDs. Therefore, when using the ID change it changes all the IDs to the same one. And what I need is for only 2 of the 5 IDs to change. Or alternatively change the complete material of each of the 3 objects at a certain time. For this reason I have created 2 materials with 5 IDs. One of them would be "off" and the other would be "on". And I think the simplest thing would be to use a node in to change the material of the entire object. For this I have used the material change that allows me to do in the Shape node, where you apply a specific material to each element. The problem is that it does not react to said change. I asked a colleague and he told me that this does not happen in VRay. So I'm starting to think it's a Redshift bug.

I continue investigating. Could someone try something similar? Thank you.
They solved it for me in the Redshift forum. The Particle Interfaces needed to be activated.

[Image: 1708632358801-55128626-750b-4d78-8f70-ee...-image.png]

SOLVED!

I thought it was only activated for Motion Blur.