Geospheres don't inflate
Smile 
Hey guys! 

Hope you can bring some help here. 

I have this flow where the idea is to have some geospheres that get scaled up as a box 'surface test' is being scaled up. Once we get to a certain point, the geospheres are turned into cloth and, 2 frames later, they inflate to create the typical sphere balloon wall. Well, my geospheres just don't inflate. I tried everything but I'm clearly missing some steps cause whatever I tried, the spheres just don't get bigger. What am I missing? I used some Time Steps to separete the processes although I don't know if this is a good/wrong procedure as well as the scaling, is that affecting the inflation behavior? 

Modify Bindings are set to Continuos, geospheres are at high res, Timestep at 1/6 and solver steps at 50. The flow does make sense to me but I don't know what I'm doing wrong, it's literally driving me mad lol

Thanks

It was the Stretch value in the Cloth Bind, I had it in 0.5 (default). Just reduced it to minimun 0.01 and worked instantly.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes, stiffness and time/solver steps are currently directly tied together...with such a low timestep and high number of solver steps, a stiffness of 0.5 is going to make the cloth very resistant to inflation forces. Dropping that right down will allow the inflation forces to overcome the stiffness forces.