Rotation_Align to UV
Hi,Tyson!

May I ask if it is possible to add the "UV" basis to determine the particle direction for the "Rotation" operator?

thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hmm, seems like it would be tricky to implement this in a way that would be intuitive to control...
I don't understand development, I just put forward some ideas
The MAPPING operator can convert floating-point values to values in the "U" axis of "UVW", so is it feasible to reverse the value of particles in the "U" axis of the object's closest vertex?
For example, aligning the Z-axis of particles with the object's normal and aligning the Y-axis with the "U" axis in the object's "UVW". Is this achieved?
What would be the purpose of that though? Object Bind does the same thing (maintain orientation on a deforming surface) without the extra steps...
I can't say exactly what kind of things I can do!
Just like the "tyConform" modifier's "UVW align" mode, this is a very interesting feature
The particle alignment I mentioned to UVW, if equipped with this function, can be said to achieve true customization by controlling the direction of the particles. That is to say, I can adjust the UV's sorting layout at any time, making it easy for the particles to lean in any direction
In this case, I think a brush would be much more practical and different to be able to paint the initial orientation of the particles on any surface.