Caching for TyConform
TyConforme is becoming so robust and useful, but every time I do something a little more difficult and press play or need to go back and forth in the timeline with the mouse, it reloads each of the frames that are being viewed. Would it be possible to have an automatic passive caching system like TyFlex?
Why not use Point Cache to cache the result?

tyFlex has an internal cache because flex dynamics are history dependent, and therefore more amenable to a cached workflow. On the other hand, tyConform is not history dependent...so it has to recalculate the frame you land on, but not all the prior frames as well. The typical way to cache something like that is to use the Point Cache modifier, rather than adding internal caches to all history independent mods.
(03-15-2024, 01:56 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Why not use Point Cache to cache the result?

tyFlex has an internal cache because flex dynamics are history dependent, and therefore more amenable to a cached workflow. On the other hand, tyConform is not history dependent...so it has to recalculate the frame you land on, but not all the prior frames as well. The typical way to cache something like that is to use the Point Cache modifier, rather than adding internal caches to all history independent mods.

As TyConform has many features focused on animation functionality, I thought that (if it were possible to implement) it could be more practical to be able to configure the correct values and make adjustments without having to generate a new point cache with external archiving every time to be able to watch in realtime, I use PointCache when I bake all the animations to prepare for rendering, but during the initial tests and manipulation of values while the animation is not yet finished, I miss a more practical caching system for TyConform, I don't feel the same need for the other modifiers, only TyFlex that already has this and TytConform that could have it. But I will understand the decision you make, it won't make TyConform stop being amazing \o/
Another point I would like to raise is that it is a little difficult to align objects in UV when I need to make polygon editing changes to it, here is a video to illustrate, it would be more interesting if TyConform itself had the option to keep a guide visible from the gizmo UV even if I select modifiers below TyConform to make changes to the mesh. One solution I used was to create the UV mesh with TyMesher and try to manually align it with the UV of the TyConform gizmo, but I didn't find it very functional or even necessary. TyConform could maintain visual guidance of the UV even without it being selected when needed or any automatic alignment option in TyMesher by UVW mesh with the TyConform gizmo.

Attached Files
.mp4   Record_2024_03_08_02_08_00_484_1.mp4 (Size: 42.88 MB / Downloads: 54)
I'll look into the display issue, sure.

Edit: this seems to be a Max limitation. When you are on a modifier lower in the stack, display routines for modifiers above it are not called.
(03-23-2024, 12:17 AM)tyFlow Wrote: I'll look into the display issue, sure.

Edit: this seems to be a Max limitation. When you are on a modifier lower in the stack, display routines for modifiers above it are not called.

I understand, but perhaps if it could generate a new object as a UV guide mesh with a button after aligning the gizmo, that would be a way around this, so we can initially align the gizmo and create a UV marking mesh or spline exactly on the position of the gizmo for constant viewing in the viewport.