Actor materials
Hey Tyson/all

Quick question, I've got an actor which is referencing multiple objects. Each objects has material ID's setup via edit poly etc. How would you go about bringing that type of material over to Tyflow or would it require setting up the materials to be more simple in terms of material ID placements.

Thanks!
Anyone tried bringing over the actor materials? My example is as following: a character body has material ID's of 1-3. The character jacket has material ID's of 1-3 also.

In my eyes this would not work so I re-did the material ID's to be unique and created just one master multisub material, assigned to Tyflow and all render as ID 1.

So I placed a multisub node to 'get from objects' and selected the objects being used as actors, still renders as ID 1.

Any info would be great thanks!

I think it maybe working, assigned a material ID static of 1 and it works for some reason Big Grin
Currently the actor material workflow is a bit limited....your options are to lay out your material IDs so that none are overlapping, and then combine all of your materials into a single multi-sub material which will be applied to all your meshes together.

In the future I want to rethink the process for these types of setups so that material assignments are more forgiving/intuitive.
(04-18-2019, 09:06 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Currently the actor material workflow is a bit limited....your options are to lay out your material IDs so that none are overlapping, and then combine all of your materials into a single multi-sub material which will be applied to all your meshes together.

In the future I want to rethink the process for these types of setups so that material assignments are more forgiving/intuitive.

Is this still the best way to approach this? I have multiple tyactors with different multi materials applied. I reference all the tyactors in an actor operator and scatter them but don't know how to bring these materials through.