Smooth spline generation/growth with particle binds?
I have spawn by travel particles being bound continously with family bind, the result is good, but the spline is generate in a stepping manor based on the density of the spawned particles. I don't want to add loads more particles to make it smoother, is there another way to make the spline interpret the gaps for a smoother growth?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.mp4   vine-geo.mp4 (Size: 21.1 MB / Downloads: 80)
.mp4   vine-binds.mp4 (Size: 20.61 MB / Downloads: 73)
Also I was wondering if it's possible to get motion blur on the ends of splines meshes that grow between bindings?
There are various ways to approach this...I'd have to see the file to add further suggestions.
(03-15-2024, 02:00 AM)tyFlow Wrote: There are various ways to approach this...I'd have to see the file to add further suggestions.

Sure here you go https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jdflp7ags...504ne&dl=0

Thanks!
(03-15-2024, 02:00 AM)tyFlow Wrote: There are various ways to approach this...I'd have to see the file to add further suggestions.

Hey, did you have any thoughts on this? I'm still a bit stuck.

Thanks!
Hmm, yea...looking at your file, the way you've set it up there's not really an easy solution. You'd have to try a totally different approach that doesn't leave any frames where the splines don't grow. You mention interpolating them between the gaps, but there's nothing to interpolate them towards since they extend to the last particle in the spawn group already....and based on how you setup the binds and such, not even the parent particle offers a smooth location to interpolate towards. You can switch the Spline Paths mode to "siblings" and enable "connect to parent" to see how it looks when the spawned particles include the parent in their spline generation...but it looks weird due to the spawned particles moving past the parent's location in many instances.
(03-23-2024, 02:29 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm, yea...looking at your file, the way you've set it up there's not really an easy solution. You'd have to try a totally different approach that doesn't leave any frames where the splines don't grow. You mention interpolating them between the gaps, but there's nothing to interpolate them towards since they extend to the last particle in the spawn group already....and based on how you setup the binds and such, not even the parent particle offers a smooth location to interpolate towards. You can switch the Spline Paths mode to "siblings" and enable "connect to parent" to see how it looks when the spawned particles include the parent in their spline generation...but it looks weird due to the spawned particles moving past the parent's location in many instances.

Thanks for getting back to me. This is the only setup i can think of to generate interactive spline paths as they are being generated on the fly, and i was hoping to cache these out and retime them to be slower to have more a gradual growth sim, but the splines don't have the subframes to slow them down.