Shattering glass in a frame
Hi Everyone,

New member here. Hello!

Sorry to start with a problem. I'm attempting to simulate a pane of glass in a frame being shattered by a collision from a sphere. The issue I have is that I'd like some of the fragments around the edge of the frame to remain in place, but I'm not sure how to do it. Undecided Does anyone have any pointers on what settings to play with? I've attached a couple of images showing the rendered result of the shatter and my Tyflow nodes. I'm hoping it's something obvious that I've missed!  Big Grin

Thanks for your time reading this.

Andy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Andy Davenport
3D Animator|Compositor|VFX Artist
Glitch VFX Ltd
www.glitchvfx.com
Just place another surface test operator (referencing that frame object) below your PhysX Shape operator (adjust the distance you want), and link it to the event that just have PhysX Switch operator set to kinematic (so the glasses will stay frozen, but still other PhysX objects bounce on it).

EDIT:
It might be good idea also to add stop operator on that new event, apart from PhysX Switch), because they might inherit some velocities.
(03-13-2024, 07:10 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Just place another surface test operator (referencing that frame object) below your PhysX Shape operator (adjust the distance you want), and link it to the event that just have PhysX Switch operator set to kinematic (so the glasses will stay frozen, but still other PhysX objects bounce on it).

EDIT:
It might be good idea also to add stop operator on that new event, apart from PhysX Switch), because they might inherit some velocities.

Oh, you star! That's just what I needed. Thanks!
Andy Davenport
3D Animator|Compositor|VFX Artist
Glitch VFX Ltd
www.glitchvfx.com