find target docking behaviour
Hey there, Can we have docking behaviour in find target, i.e. the landing perpendicular to face or vertex of the object or according to the rotation axis of the particle target, even small noise variation can be applied to it....

I dont know whether its possible or not, but usually find target is particle travelling from A to B, what if we can add some noise or texture to that travelling path, still keeping the target destination same.

Thank you
Nayan Bodawala
I don't understand what you're asking for.
Here's the visual reference of what I am asking for.
PointA = Red
Target PointB = Green

red line is what is the default behaviour of find target going from pointA to PointB
Green Line is what I am asking for.
1) is a docking behaviour
2) is some kind of noise in between pointA and PointB

There was docking direction in find target of pflow, I am asking something like that.

Hello
Hmm, yea to be honest I'm not sure how that's being achieved....I'd have to think more about how to implement something like that, as it doesn't seem like something which would be straight-forward to do.
(03-26-2024, 06:29 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm, yea to be honest I'm not sure how that's being achieved....I'd have to think more about how to implement something like that, as it doesn't seem like something which would be straight-forward to do.
In PF-BOX3, it looks like this:
Monitor the distance between particles and targets every frame. When the distance is less than a certain value, the turbulent force field will slowly disappear
That is to say, the distance between particles and the target is multiplied by the turbulence influence. Naturally, the closer to the target, the smaller the influence
It should be easy to implement using scripts in tyflow. If scripts are not used, it may be necessary to add or change some logic of "Force" and "Find Target"
Well the noise isn't the problem...it's the docking direction that's the problem. Ie, how to compute a trajectory that approaches the target in a perpendicular manner.