Random particle offset in tyCache
To fake a denser simulation of particles, would it be possible to add a random position offset spinner (or one for each axis) to the tyCache object? That way you could just copy the tyCache object multiple times, changing the seed of the random position offset, and get a cheap (and fake) up-res of the sim.

Alternatively it could just be implemented through a "# of random offset copies" value in the tyCache object, so that you don't need multiple tyCache objects.
I'm currently planning on adding some geometry options to the tyCache object...I like the "# copies per particle w/random offset" idea Smile
(04-18-2019, 03:06 AM)tyFlow Wrote: I'm currently planning on adding some geometry options to the tyCache object...I like the "# copies per particle w/random offset" idea Smile

I think it would make sense to allow filtering of which particles of a tyCache would be affected by this. So for example when you have a cache consisting of both debris and dust particles, and only want to multiply the dust particles.

By the way, if I understand the doc's description of the Resample node correctly, that one would work even better for upping the resolution of a sim. Would that be too costly for tyCache playback?
No, the resample node create particles between adjacent sibling particles. It's not meant for resampling entire simulations in the way that you're thinking.
Ah okay, I misunderstood the use of the resample node then. I'm still thinking of ways how upsampling a sim could be done. Like actually spawning a new particle C between a particle A and the particle B closest to it, averaging the position, rotation and scale of A and B (and maybe allowing for a random pos/rot/scale to be added to that).

I have no idea how expensive this would be computationally, but even having the option to basically save out a new, denser Cache from an existing tyCache (if doing this on the fly isn't possible) would be cool.
You can already do that using the Particle Force operator Smile

Example files will soon be put up showing how.