Tyflow terrain height and z-axis coordinates
Hello
because we need to export the height map to UE restoration
how can we obtain the high point z value and low point z value of the terrain in the tyflow interface? If we convert the terrain into a model and calculate it, it will take too much time and crash
Just measure the min/max z-axis of the mesh bounding box.

Quote:it will take too much time and crash

...?
(04-08-2024, 01:58 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Just measure the min/max z-axis of the mesh bounding box.

Quote:it will take too much time and crash

...?

Yes, I am using maxscript to measure values, but without the mesh operator, I cannot measure them
And if a terrain is composed of three parts, how can we calculate the individual heights of each part
Would you consider adding measurement functionality to tyflow terrain

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How would you want those values to be exposed?
(04-08-2024, 02:49 PM)tyFlow Wrote: How would you want those values to be exposed?

Maybe something like this

I mean how do you want to receive the data...through MAXScript? Through viewport display?
(04-08-2024, 03:20 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I mean how do you want to receive the data...through MAXScript? Through viewport display?

It would be better if it could be accepted at the same time. The data displayed through the window can be used to adjust the terrain appearance in tyflow, and the data displayed through MAXScript can be used to copy and paste
Also...if you export an un-normalized height map using EXR (from Terrain Export), the pixel values will be the real-world height values of the terrain. Does that suit your needs?
(04-08-2024, 07:48 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Also...if you export an un-normalized height map using EXR (from Terrain Export), the pixel values will be the real-world height values of the terrain. Does that suit your needs?

I don't quite understand what you mean. It seems that UE does not support EXR format textures and can only recognize PNG grey/16 raw grey/16

There are similar operators in worldmachine or gaea used to measure height, just to have similar functionality in tyflow