Flat Mapped UVs causing stretching in tyflow.
Hello,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. 

I'm working on a quick turn around piece and have done some really quick flat mapping.  I've got this rigged and skinned and then running this through tyflow to do the effects I need and then exporting the alembic file to unity3d.

The original layout looks like this

When I run this through TyFlow I can see some stretching happening.

When I load this up into substance painter, I can see the UV seem to be intact but there is a lot of vert wielding happening.

I'm really new to TyFlow so any help is apprecaited, if I need to UV these correctly then I'll head down that road but I'm hoping this hard and fast flat mapping can work out.

Thank you.
Hard to guess the cause without seeing the scene...
I'm going to guess that If I send the scene through that you might be able to look at it?

That's really generious of you so thank you.

Attached Files
.zip   Sc05s03_11.zip (Size: 1.65 MB / Downloads: 20)
You have a Mapping operator assigned in your tyFlowSimulation flow...not sure why (perhaps an attempt to fix the UVWs?), but the real solution is to disable that Mapping operator, and also disable "inherit mesh UVWs" in the Cloth Bind operator.

That setting assigns mesh UVW values to particle mapping values...but in your case, because you have seams that connect at shared vertices, that is creating stretching artifacts. By disabling that setting you won't have any particles inherit those seam UVWs, and thus no particle will override the base mesh's UVWs with its own (artifact-prone) mapping values.
(04-18-2024, 04:05 AM)tyFlow Wrote: You have a Mapping operator assigned in your tyFlowSimulation flow...not sure why (perhaps an attempt to fix the UVWs?), but the real solution is to disable that Mapping operator, and also disable "inherit mesh UVWs" in the Cloth Bind operator.

That setting assigns mesh UVW values to particle mapping values...but in your case, because you have seams that connect at shared vertices, that is creating stretching artifacts. By disabling that setting you won't have any particles inherit those seam UVWs, and thus no particle will override the base mesh's UVWs with its own (artifact-prone) mapping values.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look into that.  I'm kicking myself, I thought I had tried all the UVW switches.