tydiffusion installation error
HI,

i'm trying to install tydiffusion (v1.112)into max 2024 but getting an error:

maxscript listener:
tyDiffusion installation error: tyDiffusion setup.bat file not found:

C:\ProgramData\tyFlow\tyDiffusion\setup.bat

powershell:
'run_ComfyUI.bat' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

looks like setup.bat isn't being created, i'm on win10 if that makes a difference?

ALright, i found it within the zip & extracted it myself, installation is occuring now.

Ok the installation still failed, here's what the listener window reports:

tyDiffusion installation error: Setup command line batch process closed prior to engine connection test.

I'll attach the logs.

Attached Files
.zip   tyDiffusion_logs.zip (Size: 13.58 KB / Downloads: 58)
That errors means the tyDiffusion extraction process failed. By default, tyDiffusion setup files are extracted to:

C:\ProgramData\tyFlow\tyDiffusion

If you have permissions restrictions on your ProgramData folder, the extraction process may fail. You can try:

1) Running Max as Administrator and run the one-click installer again.

2) in the tyDiffusion Setup/Paths tab, change the tyDiffusion root folder to a location without restrictions, and run the one-click installer again.
Thanks for the suggestions, but even in a different folder its the same. I tried a different drive & same error.

I've checked permissions & i have full control so no idea.

thanks anyway.
After extracting the zip (which you shouldn't have to do yourself if there's no permissions issue, but it's ok if you do it manually as long as you extract everything directly into your tyDiffusion root folder) you need to run the one-click installer from Max...you can't run any of the batch files in the _bin folder directly, as tyDiffusion modifies them in various ways before running them. Your log seems to show that you just tried running the raw batch files in the _bin folder, which explains why they failed.
(07-10-2024, 03:45 PM)tyFlow Wrote: After extracting the zip (which you shouldn't have to do yourself if there's no permissions issue, but it's ok if you do it manually as long as you extract everything directly into your tyDiffusion root folder) you need to run the one-click installer from Max...you can't run any of the batch files in the _bin folder directly, as tyDiffusion modifies them in various ways before running them. Your log seems to show that you just tried running the raw batch files in the _bin folder, which explains why they failed.

Well its worked & installed, as i'm sure you're aware 9 times out of 10 its human error....and it was!

thanks!
Glad it's working - and to clarify for anyone else that sees this thread, the batch files that are in the "_bin" folder in the tyDiffusion root folder cannot be run directly, but once tyDiffusion modifies/copies them into the tyDiffusion root folder directly, you can run them manually without issue.

So:

Code:
[tyDiffusion root]/_bin/setup.bat

Will not run properly if run manually.

Code:
[tyDiffusion root]/setup.bat

Can be run manually. Same goes for setup_ComfyUI.bat and run_ComfyUI.bat. The one-click installer will modify the versions in "_bin" and copy the runnable versions out to the root folder.