Neighbor Virus Repeat
I am trying to produce an effect based off Tyson's neighborVirus example file. The problem i am having is i would like the effect to repeat itself each time the ball touches the base geo, but after much testing i am very stuck, I know i must loop the flow but i don't know how.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.max   particle-spread.max (Size: 860 KB / Downloads: 29)
The trick for looping flows is that you should move it away from the first event (where any of the birth operators are), because you can not connect it back to that first event.

In the case of your screenshot, I guess you can you can keep the Birth, position objects and shape operator, then just use send operator to send them all into the next event... do you magic there... test it.. send it to another event... and in that (now third) event, you can also test it, and send it back to the second event.

Hope it's clear.. just move particles from first event, then make loops however you want.
(07-30-2024, 06:08 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: The trick for looping flows is that you should move it away from the first event (where any of the birth operators are), because you can not connect it back to that first event.

In the case of your screenshot, I guess you can you can keep the Birth, position objects and shape operator, then just use send operator to send them all into the next event... do you magic there... test it.. send it to another event... and in that (now third) event, you can also test it, and send it back to the second event.

Hope it's clear.. just move particles from first event, then make loops however you want.
Thank you for the reply, your solution of sending them out first got me a little further, however I seem to only be able to loop them with the Time Operator, this gives constant ripples for whatever time I set, but i need it to be triggered by a surface test, but it seems to break when i try. New file added

Thanks!

Attached Files
.max   particle-spread.max (Size: 712 KB / Downloads: 27)