Filling a volume with stones
Hi All,

I have a project that requires me to show a trench being filled with pea shingle. Of course, I am trying to do it with Tyflow, but I am coming up against a few issues. The main issue is particle jitter. I'm trying to cut corners and show it from the front to save having to show the entire trench being filled. Instead, I'm just filling up a box. Friction and jitter seem to be my nemesis' at the moment, so any tips on improving what I've got would be greatly appreciated.

Please see attached for a preview video showing what I've got going on at the moment and a test 3DS Max 2024 file to pull apart.

Thanks for looking.

Best,

Andy

Attached Files
.mp4   Pea_Shingle_Tyflow_Test_PhysCamera001_preview_v001.mp4 (Size: 22.85 MB / Downloads: 38)
.max   Pea_Shingle_Tyflow_Test.max (Size: 1.43 MB / Downloads: 40)
Andy Davenport
3D Animator|Compositor|VFX Artist
Glitch VFX Ltd
www.glitchvfx.com
Here you go.

Turn off Particle Physics, Collision (don't mix these with PhysX in the same flow), gravity, and speed.
Increase the PhysX graviry on TyFlow object.
And there you go... no jittering.. nothing.. I even lowered steps to lowest (frame).

I also added time test so I convert particles after 50 frames to completely static.. but you can turn it off basically, because there is no jittering anyway.

P.S. Always when uploading scene for help, save as earliest max version as you can, so more people can help you.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files
.max   Pea_Shingle_Tyflow_Test_02.max (Size: 1.55 MB / Downloads: 38)
(08-16-2024, 09:10 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Here you go.

Turn off Particle Physics, Collision (don't mix these with PhysX in the same flow), gravity, and speed.
Increase the PhysX graviry on TyFlow object.
And there you go... no jittering.. nothing.. I even lowered steps to lowest (frame).

I also added time test so I convert particles after 50 frames to completely static.. but you can turn it off basically, because there is no jittering anyway.

P.S. Always when uploading scene for help, save as earliest max version as you can, so more people can help you.

Hope this helps.

Oh, thank you so much! You are my saviour once again  Cool Cool Cool .

I need to buy you a case of beer!

Thanks again,

Andy
Andy Davenport
Glitch VFX Ltd
www.glitchvfx.com
I just wanted to jump back in and say thanks again. The scene file you sent is perfect for my needs and I would have probably spent many hours trying to figure it out, only to make it worse.

Thanks!  Big Grin
Andy Davenport
Glitch VFX Ltd
www.glitchvfx.com
Hey bro, very glad it helped. Smile
And can I change that case of beers for one whiskey, or even better, serbian rakija? Smile

Just kidding.. no need for rakija.. just help anyone in need.. and don't hesitate to ask for future problem, so me, or anyone else could try and help.

Cheers. Smile