TyFlow always updating after 'Save as' operation
Hello,

I'm using 3ds max 2025 latest build also with TyFlow's latest build per Sept 7th 2024.

I was experiencing an unwanted system shutdown while I was working.

Then I load the last backup file in 3ds max's 'Autoback' folder.

If I work directly there, everything going well. But if I save the max file to other folder (which is normal, the current one is in 'autoback' folder) which will move the file to another folder and also with a new name, the problem occur, which is TyFlow will always re-updating the simulation. Lets say I move the slider to frame 100, then I wait until TyFlow is updating to frame 100, when I go back to let's say frame 50, then it should play the sim without re-updating right? But not in my case, it always updating the sim, even if I go to the previous frames (frame 10, frame 5 etc).

But if I load the .max file in the 'autoback' folder, it works without that issue. Even if the scene is completely the same.

Please help!
Some dependency in your flow is triggering the update.

In a tyFlow's debugging rollout, you can enable "print sim reset info". Then each time the simulation is reset, the cause of the reset (operator and parameter) will be printed to the MAXScript listener. You can use that info to narrow down why the sim is resetting. Probably some object sending rogue reset notifications when the file is saved. A workaround to avoid rogue messages like this from other scene objects is just to set your sim reset mode to manual in the editor right click menu.
(09-07-2024, 03:59 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Some dependency in your flow is triggering the update.

In a tyFlow's debugging rollout, you can enable "print sim reset info". Then each time the simulation is reset, the cause of the reset (operator and parameter) will be printed to the MAXScript listener. You can use that info to narrow down why the sim is resetting. Probably some object sending rogue reset notifications when the file is saved. A workaround to avoid rogue messages like this from other scene objects is just to set your sim reset mode to manual in the editor right click menu.

I'll give it a try!

Thanks!