Age - Event Age - Strange Behavior Not Updating
G'Day Tyson

Check out the video, see what you think - Age Display Data not updating or strange behavior

Age Cache enabled, multiple reboots, multiple max re-starts - same thing happens.

Rob

Attached Files
.mp4   Age Issue 02.mp4 (Size: 21.52 MB / Downloads: 15)
.mp4   Age Issue 01.mp4 (Size: 19.99 MB / Downloads: 10)
Hi Rob,

When you have a static flow (no changes), then nothing will update including age. As soon as you add something to the flow that will result in change over time (Speed operator), the flow will no longer be static.

You can see in the bottom left corner of the editor window whether the flow is static or not.
(10-15-2024, 03:39 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hi Rob,

When you have a static flow (no changes), then nothing will update including age. As soon as you add something to the flow that will result in change over time (Speed operator), the flow will no longer be static.

You can see in the bottom left corner of the editor window whether the flow is static or not.

hmmm..

Why wouldn't event age be event age regardless of a static flow (the event and particles are still ageing even though nothing is occurring on them), but even if you take that into account, how come changing one event displays data on the other event? (seen in video 1 example of 2 videos uploaded) - If I want to use an analogy, even if I sleep and don't move my body, I am still ageing, right ?

Rob

PS: I mean I have a work around, if I want age updated, I just create an event that births 0 particles, assign speed to 0 particles, now I get event age and particle age update all the time. (so I can work around it)
Static flows aren't updated at all - including to increment the age of particles at the end of a time step. This allows Max to skip their evaluation and results in faster display overall.

I'm actually not sure what's going on with the other issue...if you upload the Max file I can take a closer look.