Vrayparticlemap support
Not sure if this is already working and I´m just doing it wrong...

Trying to mesh a grain sim with Vraymetaballs and I´d like to either get mapping or color values from tyflow to Vraymetaballs.
So for Pflow I´d use Vrayparticlemap and just pipe that into my diffuse material slot.
But for tyFlow that doesn´t seem to work, probably because it doesn´t output particle color in the particle interface.

Would be great to get that extra control.
The MaxSDK IParticleObjExt interface doesn't have a notion of UVW or color per particle, and glancing at the VRay SDK vraymetalballs source code, it seems that the ChaosGroup devs are doing some direct pflow data access to retrieve those values. So because the method they use to derive color from particles is specific only to pflow, right now that's not possible.
(04-23-2019, 04:22 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The MaxSDK IParticleObjExt interface doesn't have a notion of UVW or color per particle, and glancing at the VRay SDK vraymetalballs source code, it seems that the ChaosGroup devs are doing some direct pflow data access to retrieve those values. So because the method they use to derive color from particles is specific only to pflow, right now that's not possible.

I see. Think I already posted on the vray forums as well. 
Still can't justify the 500 bucks for frost, usually I got away with workarounds, but TyFlow makes me want things... Smile