Keep cache for rendering
Hey there,

I usually like to do shading before export, so I was wondering if it would be possible to have the tyFlow ram cache persist for rendering?
Right now, everytime I hit render, tyflow updates the whole flow, even if I just cached it and didn´t change anything.
Thats ok for simple flows, but with more complex stuff it gets annoying quickly.

In Pflow you could choose if you want to have the cache in viewport only or also available on render.

Maybe I´m just doing it wrong, but I want to avoid having to export the flow before shading.
It should not be resetting a rendertime.

The only "normal" cause is if you have rendertime-only modifiers on your input objects. For example, if you are scattering particles on a sphere and have a rendertime-only Turbosmooth on it, the sim will necessarily have to reset at rendertime because its input changed.

If that is not the case in your scene, please send the file to support@tyflow.com.
(04-24-2019, 04:06 PM)tyFlow Wrote: It should not be resetting a rendertime.

The only "normal" cause is if you have rendertime-only modifiers on your input objects. For example, if you are scattering particles on a sphere and have a rendertime-only Turbosmooth on it, the sim will necessarily have to reset at rendertime because its input changed.

If that is not the case in your scene, please send the file to support@tyflow.com.

Oh, ok, that might very well be the case. Thanks, I´ll check it out!

haha, that was quick. Yeah, had a rendertime turbosmooth on my emitter...doh...