How does PhysX particle sleep work?
Question 
In the tyFlow modifier particle bind solver settings there is a particle sleeping section. This does not seem to have any effect. I only found PhysX sleep in the particle test operator but they did not seem to have any connection. How are these settings used? and what is the difference to sleep thresholds section in simulation how is this different?
There is a file in the provided examples that illustrates particle sleeping. Please also reference the docs for explanations of spinners and such.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one. Maybe i'm confusing sleep with deactivating.

Which example scene are you referring to?

The sleep threshold in the tyFlow modifier under the PhysX rollout are not in the manual, that's why i asked about it.

I currently use a Property Test operator to send particles out with a Differential Magnitude and then silence them from wiggling all over the place. It's not very reliable and can cause more noise in the motion when particles are related to each other. Is this the correct workflow to get particles to settle down?
I did some testing and it looks like PhysX sleeping might be broken at the moment....I'm going to look into it. Also thanks for the note about the missing docs, definitely an oversight.