The most recent particle generation line.
Look at the picture, although the maximum value of "Max neighbors" is 1. But it still produces a lot of triangles with other neighbors around. What I want is a relatively flat line. A point is only allowed to generate a straight line.

The most recent particle generation line.
When a line is generated between the most recent particles, can you force each particle to generate only one line? Although there is "Max neighbors" now, it is impossible to achieve "there is only one line generated between each pair of particles".
That is to say, only one line is allowed to be generated between each particle, and more than one line will not generate a second line.

Of course, I found that using "siblings" can also do this. However, its use requires the father-son relationship between particles as the basis, and also needs to judge the spacing to achieve the "Neighbors" effect.
Can you post a screenshot or diagram to illustrate what you mean?
Please see the purple connection I painted.

When a line has been generated between two points, no more lines will be created between the other points.

Today I used TFLOW for lightning in the project. The effect is very good.

But the director put forward higher requirements for lightning effects.
Hi cgdvs,

Some new functionality was added to v0.16023 to aid in your task here (max dist spinner for sibling splines, giving more control).

Please check the attached scene file to see an example.

Attached Files
.max   proximityLightning_001.max (Size: 672 KB / Downloads: 211)
First of all, I want to salute you and thank you. Then thank you for your long-term help. Let me feel the power of TFLOW and your contribution more deeply, thank you!
wish you a happy life.