Separate groups for physx and point force?
I´m back at my particle on particle action again...

1. Birth A Particles and Birth B particles should
A) Collide with each other via physx
B) Attract/repell particles from the respective other event, but NOT from their own event.

So I want particles from Event A to attract particles from Event B, but NOT from Event A.

Can´t wrap my head around how to set up groups to achieve this...

If I set groups on event A to 1 and on Event B to 2, I can separate which groups to be affected by point force, but then they don´t collide with each other anymore in the physx sim...
If I set groups on Event A to 1+2 and on Event B to just 2, they collide with each other, but now I can´t tell particles from Event A to NOT collide with particles from Event A.

Any hints?
Set Event A group to '1,2'
Set Event B group to '2,3'

Use a Flock operator or a Particle Physics operator (with 'integrate' turned off and 'affect' set to velocity) to do the attract/repel.

Set Flock/Particle Physics group to 'Not Equal to Own'.

They will all collide with each other within the PhysX engine because they have overlapping groups, but only particles from opposing events will collide/attract (ie, particles whose group is not identical to their own).

Attached is a scene file you can reference.

Attached Files
.max   attractPhysXGroups_001.max (Size: 660 KB / Downloads: 245)
Ah, brilliant...why is it that i totally get what you are doing, but I can´t think of it myself? Must be genetics...
Thanks a lot, I´ll give it a spin!