export node -objects
im just wondering, i have particles with shapes defined by a selection of geometry references.    client has signed off the distribution and look of these particles, so they cannot change. 

i need to export from tyflow for rendering. 

im just about to try export-objects. 

its not clear from the instructions..

a) does this export single objects with keyframes animating position rotation and scale? 

b) what happens to my particles which switch from one reference shape to another during sequence

c) will the instancing be preserved? 

d) will exporting 65000 particles as objects kill my workstation dead? 

if the above option doesnt work, what can i do?    alembic mesh export is greyed out, and prt only exports the particles, not the meshes. 

tycache might work, but requires tyflow on renderfarm, which may not be possible. 

i like the idea of baking out to animated geometry, cos ill get decent moblur, which ive been struggling with for this whole project.

(06-05-2019, 08:40 AM)super gnu Wrote: im just wondering, i have particles with shapes defined by a selection of geometry references.    client has signed off the distribution and look of these particles, so they cannot change. 

i need to export from tyflow for rendering. 

im just about to try export-objects. 

its not clear from the instructions..

a) does this export single objects with keyframes animating position rotation and scale? 

b) what happens to my particles which switch from one reference shape to another during sequence

c) will the instancing be preserved? 

d) will exporting 65000 particles as objects kill my workstation dead? 

if the above option doesnt work, what can i do?    alembic mesh export is greyed out, and prt only exports the particles, not the meshes. 

tycache might work, but requires tyflow on renderfarm, which may not be possible. 

i like the idea of baking out to animated geometry, cos ill get decent moblur, which ive been struggling with for this whole project.

ok so, it didnt crash my pc, although the max file is now 6.5gb.  understandably dead slow, but miiight be my solution.  i can just do it at the end before rendering. 

however  it ignores the change in shape reference  during the sequence.. the particles retain their original shapes. 

i guess ill have to do a seperate export for the main sequence, and delete particles at the shape change event.. then another export  at the event where the particles change shape.
no, the instancing is not respected. could this be fixed? my max filesize would thank me greatly.
What you want, specifically shape changing, is not possible with Export Objects. You'll have to export to tyCache, which instances particles and allows for shape changing.
(06-05-2019, 02:52 PM)tyFlow Wrote: What you want, specifically shape changing, is not possible with Export Objects. You'll have to export to tyCache, which instances particles and allows for shape changing.

Hi Tyson, thanks for the reply. 

have resolved it by exporting the particles in two passes, one for each shape.   works fine.. 

id rather not use tycache since:

a) i need sub frame motion blur... as per my other post it seems broken, and with keyframed objects, it just works. 

b) i need to assign a different material to the particles after they change shape, and have a multmatte just for those particles.. again, as per another thread it doesnt seem to be playing well. probably user error but im on a really squeezy deadline.  objects its obviously no problem. 

c) i have 5-6 rogue particles the client doesnt like.   exported as objects, i can just select and delete any i dont like without complex fiddling.

d) i can render at any farm, including vray cloud, with no extra plugins or potential issues..

however the lack of instancing in the exported objects is a killer for filesize and rendering ram usage.    is it possible to enable instancing for object export? 

many thanks for your plugin, it impresses me every day.
Instancing the meshes of the exported objects should be possible. I've made a note to look into it although I have no ETA for the next build since I'm also trying to get a few other things into it.
(06-05-2019, 03:34 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Instancing the meshes of the exported objects should be possible. I've made a note to look into it although I have no ETA for the next build since I'm also trying to get a few other things into it.

How to export to Alembic Mesh on Mode Node per particle?
It's not possible right now.