Upres follow
Hi all,

Vanilla here... first post.

Quick question. I'm working on a project where I'm increasing the resolution of another Tyflow particle system with a spawn node. Just wanted to know if anyone can help me as to how I can get the spawned particles to follow the position of its parent particle?
Have you looked at the help files? There is an upres example where a second flow with more particles follows the first low res particle system.
(06-05-2019, 11:51 AM)Adam Trowers Wrote: Have you looked at the help files? There is an upres example where a second flow with more particles follows the first low res particle system.

Hi,

I've looked at the example I found in the Misc folder but unfortunately that one only adds a basic gravity force to all the particles allowing it all to free fall, whereas mine needs to inherit the motion of it's parent. I'm not sure if one of the others might have what I'm looking for but so far I haven't found one. I've tried messing with Binding, Particle Force and tried to connect it to Flow Update but it lead nowhere :/ It seems like it must be pretty straightforward but it has me stumped for now.
The example scene doesn't just add gravity. Take a closer look at it and what the Particle Force operator is doing Smile
(06-05-2019, 12:38 PM)Vanilla Gorilla Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 11:51 AM)Adam Trowers Wrote: Have you looked at the help files? There is an upres example where a second flow with more particles follows the first low res particle system.

Hi,

I've looked at the example I found in the Misc folder but unfortunately that one only adds a basic gravity force to all the particles allowing it all to free fall, whereas mine needs to inherit the motion of it's parent. I'm not sure if one of the others might have what I'm looking for but so far I haven't found one. I've tried messing with Binding, Particle Force and tried to connect it to Flow Update but it lead nowhere :/ It seems like it must be pretty straightforward but it has me stumped for now.

I think what you might be looking for is the "Flow Update" node.
You can specify what properties you want to update.
If you turn everything off except for position and rotation, the replacement particles will follow the birth flow exactly. 
Then you can add your own forces on top of that.