Possible difference from phoenix and fume fluid force
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or because of the differences between fume and phoenix and i am hoping you can shed some light on it. It appears the fluid force operator isnt behaving the same with with fume as it does with phoenix. When adjusting the influence % on the velocity magnitude and velocity direction for phoenixfd i was able to get radically different results depending on the settings. However, with fumefx it feels like its not having the same amount of influence over the particles. Despite changing things around i would usually end up with a very similar looking particle cloud. 

I have done a bit of objective testing and saved the results in the attachment. The naming convention is #_#. The first number is the velocity magnitude, the second is the velocity direction. Both are set to blend and neither have any randomness.

The attachment is not a max file, its a rar. rename the extension to rar to open.  (wouldnt let me upload rars Tongue)

Thanks!

Attached Files
.max   fluid_force_testing.max (Size: 2.48 MB / Downloads: 221)
Works fine over here...are you comparing identical sims?
No my sims weren't the same, i will have to try that next. It appears that the time scale settings in the simulation has quite an impact on the results from the fluid force node.
You can try exporting your sim as VDB and loading into both Phoenix and FFX and then comparing the results, to ensure the sims are identical.