particle avoidance or repulsion
What would be the appropriate node to use to get particle to particle avoidance or repulsion?  I have a crowd system I'm working on that generates a field of agents and splits them so 50 percent seek the left side of the path and the rest seek out the right side of a path.

I tried using particle physics which kind of works but the particles work their way around each other when they collide but the particle rotation does not follow the direction of travel so it looks like the particles are sliding out of the way instead of turning out of the way.

I've attached an example.

Thanks,

V Miller

Attached Files
.mov   particleAvoidance_002.mov (Size: 5.94 MB / Downloads: 229)
Try the Flock operator. It uses boid-style attraction/repulsion between agents (particles).
Thanks

I'll try that again but I was getting some erratic motion on some of my particles. I'll post another test later today.
in this test some of my particles seem to be turning for no reason, others are not avoiding each other and still others are accelerating too rapidly.

I've included a screen capture of my flow plus what the flock operator is set to.

This is a crowd test for people walking opposite ways down a hallway or sidewalk.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.mov   particleAvoidance_003.mov (Size: 7.05 MB / Downloads: 233)