poly detach
Hi,
"Object elements" option in Birth Shape is very powerfull and helpfull to keep low shape number.
I'd be very nice to have a poly detach modifier ( a Tydetachpolys ),or a node, so we can keep original parametric object.
Ice on the cake, this modifier could detach polys when for exemple inside a picked mesh, so we can keep original smoothing for non detached polys.
Thanks
What would it do? Detach elements to separate objects?
(06-11-2019, 02:47 PM)tyFlow Wrote: What would it do? Detach elements to separate objects?

It should Detach polys to separate elements. So I can use "Object elements" option in Birth Shape.
I have a MCG with a "split mesh into polygons", but it is soooo sloooow that it is unusable in real life.
Have you tried the Face Fracture operator? That's exactly what it does.
(06-11-2019, 03:35 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Have you tried the Face Fracture operator? That's exactly what it does.

Arghhh... you are right.   Tongue  I already use Face fracture for several objects, but I had the smooth problem.... so I forgot.
I don't know if it is even possible to fracture an object partially ( inside an another volume ) and not the whole object.