interaction between several flows
-Tyson Ibele, about the new multi tabs functionality, could be possible to select a choosed flow icon bouble clicking on its name? a faster access to every single flow setting would be nice.

-Related to multi flow simulation, looking at the simple test image below...it is the better method I found to apply kinematic behaviour to a flow (1) imported in a second flow (2) so the spheres (1) continue their trajectory whit no speed variation.

-Is that method an elegant way?
     -2 flows is more cpu consuming then a single flow?
     -an exported "spheres"  simulation (1) remain the better solution to add secondary dynamics?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Selecting a node by double clicking its tab is a good idea.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking in your second question (not sure what you mean by "secondary dynamics"), but Birth Flow and Update Flow should be pretty fast, even up to millions of particles. It directly reads particles from one flow to another, without unnecessary calculations, so it will be efficient. However in your setup I'm not quite sure why you're wanting to import particles from one flow to another, instead of keeping everything in the same flow. Maybe you can elaborate on what you're trying to achieve.
(06-15-2019, 02:14 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Selecting a node by double clicking its tab is a good idea.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking in your second question (not sure what you mean by "secondary dynamics"), but Birth Flow and Update Flow should be pretty fast, even up to millions of particles. It directly reads particles from one flow to another, without unnecessary calculations, so it will be efficient. However in your setup I'm not quite sure why you're wanting to import particles from one flow to another, instead of keeping everything in the same flow. Maybe you can elaborate on what you're trying to achieve.

I've in mind to reproduce this scene and my spheres are the meatballs.
In the rolling path other ingredients stick together over the spheres stopping them. A kinematic behaviour would be a good tip for not stopping the spheres. At this point, my questions above regard the better "flow" to follow for faster simulatons:

- spheres in the same flow;
- spheres in a separate flow;
- cached spheres (ABC or something else).

.max   Ty_bind_several_TyFlows_01.max (Size: 700 KB / Downloads: 241)