cache and distributed rendering
hello, i have a scene where i attached some particles to some stone and when they move they spawn by travel other particles which are shape facing with transperancy = smoke . when i scrub trough the timeline in takes a little time to cache it and then it plays flawlessly forwards and backwarads . and it renders fine in Distributed rendering.

i open another scene and import the same smoke event and attach it to a slightly bigger object. remember the numbers are the same . the number of particles should be the same. When i scrub trough the timeline it always stops to cache the frames.. even when those frames were cached..when i go to frame 40 - it caches , when i go back it caches again and when i go to frame 40 again - it again caches.. and when i render i get the buggy buckets. 

also in the same scene when i render - before each frame it gets stuck for a long time on building embree static accelerator : done . stays like this for some time and then renders
Why is that ?
Sounds like a buggy modifier or something sending improper reset notifications.

If you enable "print sim reset info" in the tyFlow debugging rollout you can view the maxscript listener for hints about which object/operator is causing the sim to reset continually.

If you want you can also send the scene to support@tyflow.com for me to take a look when I get the chance.
Hi, this is what i get. i tried deleting the position object and object bind , and replacing them with fresh new ones, but it stays the same. Now the listener shows only the position object, but it also shows the object bind from time to time. if this doesnt help enough i will send the scene. also this is the same object i used in my other scene with the wall and it works beautifully there. 

[Image: HTNYbai.png]
Yes, please share the scene.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpp47ik9f6obgz...Y.max?dl=0

here it is and dont laugh at the name - its the correct word! Big Grin

(06-25-2019, 09:31 AM)devailo Wrote: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpp47ik9f6obgz...Y.max?dl=0

here it is and dont laugh at the name - its the correct word! Big Grin

the same thing happened in a third scene but i did the same thing. importhet the tyflows from the first scene. Could this be the culprint? that i merge import tyflows?
I opened your scene and was unable to replicate the issue. Once it caches it does not re-cache it each time the frame is changed.

I also tried merging your scene into a new scene and again, no problem.

However, you have a scripted plugin "randomize elements" on your floor_light object, which may be sending improper reset notifications up the stack which could be causing the reset. Because you didn't include that scripted plugin with your file I cannot test it. Try deleting that modifier from your objects and see if the problem persists.
Oh dear.. that must be it . It is even animated as to i need all the tiles on different height and then they align perfectly. So i have many tiles each with a different position which changes every frame.. But i need this to be animated this way . I will try making it a point cache and remove the plugin . The plugin itself is a little buggy and maybe it makes the problem. tomorrow i will find out
You can also cache any geometry using tyFlow. Just create an empty flow, add an Export Particles operator to its own event, define the additional geomtery you'd like to include and then export...from there you can import with a tyCache object and use that as your emitter. Although point cache should be sufficient if topology isn't changing.
Yep, that was it . The plugin was doing it wrong. With point cache - tyflow caches it one time only and i can scrub left and right with speed.

Thanks for the help again and again and again.