Texture Map for Particle Age?
Hi,

I'm trying out tyFlow and I am amazed so far. 
I am trying to make a smoketrail for a missile and generate a bunch of planes with a smoke bitmap mapped onto it. I would like to let them fade out based on particle age. In pFlow I would use a map for the particle age but I am not really sure of what would be the best approach to do it in tyFlow? Could anyone help me out?
Much appreciated!

Best regards,
Frudel
Alright, never mind guys. For anyone looking for the same answer there is an example for just that provided in the example files you can download.
Cheers!
(07-01-2019, 03:30 AM)Frudel Wrote: Alright, never mind guys. For anyone looking for the same answer there is an example for just that provided in the example files you can download.
Cheers!

sorry for resurrecting this, but i have a similar problem (trying to fade out particles before deleting them)

i couldn't find the mentioned example file, there are so many... 

anyone have any hints on how to go about this?

thx!
(06-29-2021, 03:23 PM)ubersquid Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 03:30 AM)Frudel Wrote: Alright, never mind guys. For anyone looking for the same answer there is an example for just that provided in the example files you can download.
Cheers!

sorry for resurrecting this, but i have a similar problem (trying to fade out particles before deleting them)

i couldn't find the mentioned example file, there are so many... 

anyone have any hints on how to go about this?

thx!

Attached Files
.max   fade and delete.max (Size: 756 KB / Downloads: 290)
Smile Smile Smile cheers!