proximity scale
been playing with "proximity scale"  but im having trouble getting the effect i want. 

i wish my physx fragments to be at 100% scale, but when an object passes through, they scale up a bit.    ive tried numerous combinations of settings, just fiddling, but i miss some absolute scale settings for "near" and "far"  

default the particles scale down to zero as the object passes by. 

i can invert this, so particles scale up, but this means their default "far" state is scale zero.  

any way to do this?     

i also tried using scale by texmap, using vray distance tex, but it seems not to work properly.. all particles are scaled equally, based on distance of driver object to origin.
Raycasted VRay texmaps aren't supported by tyFlow because tyFlow has no way of reading their values directly. The values are determined at rendertime in the VRay engine itself.

As for scaling by proximity...that's actually an interesting problem. Currently it's a raw multiplier giving values from 0-1 whereas in your case it would need to be additive or something. I'll have to think about that.
(07-08-2019, 11:21 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Raycasted VRay texmaps aren't supported by tyFlow because tyFlow has no way of reading their values directly. The values are determined at rendertime in the VRay engine itself.

As for scaling by proximity...that's actually an interesting problem. Currently it's a raw multiplier giving values from 0-1 whereas in your case it would need to be additive or something. I'll have to think about that.

ah im glad its not just me being nooby Smile

regarding the vray distance texture, to me its always been a bit of a mystery how it works, because,   i appreciate the concept of a texture calculated at rendertime, but it can also be used to control various modifiers (displace/vol select etc)  and the result seen interactively in the viewport.     it can also be used by forestpack, to scale trees based on the distance to a target.. again, this is interactive and visible in viewport.  i guess tyflow is different since there is no fixed "base" geometry to calculate the effect with. 

for the scale by proximity, id imagine a simple distance/near/far/bias setup,  would give all necessary control.
Oh, I stand corrected...I was thinking of VRayDirt which does similar calculations but whose effect can't be seen in the view. I'm not sure why tyFlow isn't reading VRayDistanceTex properly...will have to look into that.