tyCache does not include mapping channel?
I'm exporting particles with the Export Particles operator. The flow includes two shapes that have proper UV coordinates and channels assigned to them.

The tyFlow object is mapped fine when applying a material (and texture) to it, but when exporting the result to a tyCache the resulting object does not show the mapping even though I am including it.

Here are the export settings in the Export Particles operator on the left, and the reported channels in the File Info textbox of the tyCache object on the right:

As you can see the 'Mapping' channel is not reported in File Info.
Is this channel supposed to show in the File Info textbox as well? If that is the case, there might be a problem with how tyCache loads the mapping channel because no matter what I do textures won't map properly.

Correction, it seems that under the tyCache object there is a Use GPU Instancing checkbox which turns off mapping in the viewport it seems. At first I thought this "problem" also affected the rendering, but now I see that UV coordinates (and textures) applies fine to the tyCache object.

This might not be a bug after all.
Hey,

Mapping should show up in the info textbox if it's included...if it's not there even though it's exported then that's a bug (I'll check this).

As for not seeing it in the view, unfortunately GPU instancing in max doesn't allow for per-instance mapping overrides. So you can either disable GPU instancing, or disable "ignore mapping overrides" in the tyCache. Both will allow you to see mapping overrides in the view, although display will be slower since instances are no longer created.

This is a bug in the Max SDK that I've been working on a fix for.
Just wanted to follow up on this.

One thing I forgot to mention, is that "mapping" in the tyCache channels rollout refers to mapping overrides on particles. Any map channels on particle shapes themselves will be exported regardless. If you don't see "mapping" in the list of channels in your tyCache loader, it's because tyFlow didn't find any mapping overrides on your particles during export (it strips out unused channels in order to optimize data).

I've tested here with a regular export (no mapping overrides, but shapes with map channels) and the textures displayed normally in the viewport as expected with instancing enabled. So if you run into this issue again (non-override UVWs not displaying properly on tyCaches), let me know.
(04-03-2019, 04:57 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hey,

Mapping should show up in the info textbox if it's included...if it's not there even though it's exported then that's a bug (I'll check this).

As for not seeing it in the view, unfortunately GPU instancing in max doesn't allow for per-instance mapping overrides. So you can either disable GPU instancing, or disable "ignore mapping overrides" in the tyCache. Both will allow you to see mapping overrides in the view, although display will be slower since instances are no longer created.

This is a bug in the Max SDK that I've been working on a fix for.

thanks you, disable "Use GPU instancing" works and shows the correct color mapping on tycache