PhysX simulation, lock position of single bone of an actor
Hi!
Recently I was practicing with making some ragdoll simulations with PhysX, here is a thread of what I made last time: http://forum.tyflow.com/thread-869-post-...ml#pid3143

What I am about to next is have a character with long arms and legs simulated with PhysX, but I want that the character's pelvis is perfectly locked in space. As if it was glued against a wall, and all the other bones fly and collide around.

I've been trying for a few hours now and it's so frustrating to feel so absolutely clueless of where to look for a solution.

My best guess would be to make the first particle created with the Actor component with the "locked position X Y Z" activated in PhysX Shape component. But as far as I can see there is no way to split rig particles into different PhysX components, or is there?

Thank you very much for your time!
You can use the tyActor property window to assign a simulation group to the bone objects of your choosing in the scene. The assigned properties from that window will transfer to the corresponding actor rig particles.

From there, you can use a Property Test to test for that group on the corresponding rig particles. and send the matching particle to another event, where you can use a PhysX Bind operator (with "world" checked) to pin it in space.
(08-11-2019, 03:45 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You can use the tyActor property window to assign a simulation group to the bone objects of your choosing in the scene. The assigned properties from that window will transfer to the corresponding actor rig particles.

From there, you can use a Property Test to test for that group on the corresponding rig particles. and send the matching particle to another event, where you can use a PhysX Bind operator (with "world" checked) to pin it in space.

You, sir, have made my weekend! It worked! 

I didn't know you could assign simulation groups per bone. This opens up sooo many possibilities with characters!!!

[Image: N232Fbx.png]

Thank you so so much!!
Great!