Using Tyflow as particle emitter for Phoenix FD fire sim
Hey guys, I´ve searched on the forum and I couldn't find what I'm doing wrong.

I'm trying to make a simple flamethrower effect, where tyflow emits the particles and then use Phoenix to run the sim.
I have set the simple emission (image attached), but nothing happens when I run the sim. I keep seeing the particles but no sim.

Can someone please tell me what is the right workflow to achieve the effect I'm trying to make?

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Have you tried checking "enable particle interface" in tyflow icon, in modify panel?
(01-29-2020, 01:28 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Have you tried checking "enable particle interface" in tyflow icon, in modify panel?

Thanks man, that solved part of the problem. Now I can see some interaction between TF and PH. I'm saying some, because I still don't know how to add the events 03 and 06. So those particles are not interacting.
Do you know how to specify events to add?
I have worked with PhoenixFX, but not yet with Tyflow/Phoenix. 

You can try add a mesh operator, and uncheck "render only" to the specific events, and that way, the mesh will be "visible" to 3DS Max itself as any regular mesh object, so I assume you can spawn PhoenixFD from that mesh. 
Now, you might need to turn off "enable particle interface" this time... but I am not sure really. Smile
(01-29-2020, 05:12 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: I have worked with PhoenixFX, but not yet with Tyflow/Phoenix. 

You can try add a mesh operator, and uncheck "render only" to the specific events, and that way, the mesh will be "visible" to 3DS Max itself as any regular mesh object, so I assume you can spawn PhoenixFD from that mesh. 
Now, you might need to turn off "enable particle interface" this time... but I am not sure really. Smile

Thanks. I see the particles, the problem is that Phoenix only uses the particles generated by the "event 01" to create fire and ignores the other two.