A toggle to switch between auto/manual updating tyflow
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1155]

Every time when you change some settings, depending on the total number of frames, and the amount of computation involved, it can sometimes take a really long time to update the tyflow. For example, when you click on the little triangle next to a value, every time when you click, you have to wait for a long time for tyflow to go through all the frames. Sometimes this can lead to computer being frozen, when you accidentally change to a extreme value that might cause massive calculation.

If we have a toggle to switch on/off this update so that some times tyflow only updates when we want it to, that will be great. 

I agree, I also had suggested this Smile
Because I would like to have in many situations a comparison of before and after changing several attributes.

EXAMPLE:
Today I have several settings of forces, which I would like to compare against each other:
To set them up I need to change only 4 attributes.
But as soon as I change only one attribute, the recalculation begins.
- this is also a waste of time
Then I stop it with escape and my current "before" simulation is gone.
- no chance to compare

So currently the only chance to compare, is only with a lot of screenshots which is quite bad.
Thank you. To my surprise, almost nobody requested this feature other than us.

So basically every time when I change the value, I have to press ESC or CTRL+ESC multiple times to stop the calculation. And sometimes this will cause my computer to freeze or 3dsmax to crash.

I guess all the TY veterans probably disabled the auto recalculation already.
No, many people are just very passive. I have several friends now learning tyflow and it's the second or third question in the beginning and then they get lost in other details and don't bother to post something somewhere.
But if that feature comes one day, it would be the same like getting a faster graphics card or a new faster viewport Wink
This was already added, just change the reset mode to manual from the right click menu. Then it won't auto-reset when values are changed.
Thanks, that's awesome!!! It really works as expected and is great for studies :-)

Just another small question: Is there a way to assign a hotkey to Refresh Simulation?
(12-22-2020, 05:47 PM)tyFlow Wrote: This was already added, just change the reset mode to manual from the right click menu. Then it won't auto-reset when values are changed.

Thank you so much for hearing us. With this reset mode to manual, there's still no button or toggle to disable/re-enable the calculation.

Also, another very useful option is to only calculate/display 1% or 5% or x% of the total particles for a quicker response. Max's native particle system has the % display, I think it's very helpful.