Turbosmooth/Relax not working on V-Ray GPU
Can someone please help me figure out how to get turbosmooth or relax to work on Tyflow objects in V-Ray GPU? It seems to work on CPU. Not sure if I am missing something or if there is no support for it.

Thanks in advance! :-)

-Alex
It's not possible to apply modifiers when rendering as instances. Instances are sent directly to the renderer as meshes to be transformed, bypassing the modifier stack.
I disabled the instancing in the Tycache and it still doesn't work (on GPU). Sorry for this low level question, I tried to find the answers online before asking here.

I can't figure out how to make a simulated cloth smoothed out to not have to simulate in high poly. Is this possible on V-Ray GPU?
If you haven't disabled instancing in both display and render settings in a tyCache, then it's still enabled.
Thanks for the reply Tyson, I don't know why it still does not work :-( Here is a screenshot:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you try a Meshsmooth instead of a Turbosmooth?

Once you've disabled instancing for both display and rendering, like you did in your screenshot, max will treat the tyCache like a regular mesh and continue processing the modifier stack. However, in some weird situations Turbosmooth can be buggy...I always double check with a Meshsmooth to make sure it's not some legacy Turbosmooth bug causing the problem.
Mesh smooth doesn't work for me either Undecided

I am using 3ds Max 2021 (latest build)
V-Ray GPU 5 Hotfix 2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Maybe it's a VRay 5 issue then. It's possible in their implementation of tyFlow support they are manually overriding the particle interface option in the tyCache, and thus treating all tyCaches/tyFlows as instances internally, regardless of user settings.

Try this:

Create a tyMesher, set mode to "input geometry" and select the tyCache. Then put the smooth on the tyMesher instead.
(10-18-2020, 02:11 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Maybe it's a VRay 5 issue then. It's possible in their implementation of tyFlow support they are manually overriding the particle interface option in the tyCache, and thus treating all tyCaches/tyFlows as instances internally, regardless of user settings.

Try this:

Create a tyMesher, set mode to "input geometry" and select the tyCache. Then put the smooth on the tyMesher instead.

Tyson you are one in a billion man. Can't thank you enough for this! That worked :-)

THANK YOU!
I have the same problem.

I am trying to follow these steps to resolve it : 
''Create a tyMesher, set mode to "input geometry" and select the tyCache. Then put the smooth on the tyMesher instead.''

However, I don't understand how I can select tyCache? Did you mean I have to select TyFlow object (in which case it doesn't seem to work)?

Thanks
It's a Vray issue - I've reported it on ChaosGroup forum - https://forum.tyflow.com/thread-2509.html it seems that no modifiers on top of tyFlow works with Vray GPU Sad
(08-18-2021, 08:35 AM)paludez Wrote: It's a Vray issue - I've reported it on ChaosGroup forum -  https://forum.tyflow.com/thread-2509.html it seems that no modifiers on top of tyFlow works with Vray GPU Sad

It same with Arnold renderer on 3dsmax.
And looks new versions tyflow not have mode input geometry.