Turbosmooth/Relax not working on V-Ray GPU
Can someone please help me figure out how to get turbosmooth or relax to work on Tyflow objects in V-Ray GPU? It seems to work on CPU. Not sure if I am missing something or if there is no support for it.

Thanks in advance! :-)

-Alex
It's not possible to apply modifiers when rendering as instances. Instances are sent directly to the renderer as meshes to be transformed, bypassing the modifier stack.
I disabled the instancing in the Tycache and it still doesn't work (on GPU). Sorry for this low level question, I tried to find the answers online before asking here.

I can't figure out how to make a simulated cloth smoothed out to not have to simulate in high poly. Is this possible on V-Ray GPU?
If you haven't disabled instancing in both display and render settings in a tyCache, then it's still enabled.
Thanks for the reply Tyson, I don't know why it still does not work :-( Here is a screenshot:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you try a Meshsmooth instead of a Turbosmooth?

Once you've disabled instancing for both display and rendering, like you did in your screenshot, max will treat the tyCache like a regular mesh and continue processing the modifier stack. However, in some weird situations Turbosmooth can be buggy...I always double check with a Meshsmooth to make sure it's not some legacy Turbosmooth bug causing the problem.
Mesh smooth doesn't work for me either Undecided

I am using 3ds Max 2021 (latest build)
V-Ray GPU 5 Hotfix 2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Maybe it's a VRay 5 issue then. It's possible in their implementation of tyFlow support they are manually overriding the particle interface option in the tyCache, and thus treating all tyCaches/tyFlows as instances internally, regardless of user settings.

Try this:

Create a tyMesher, set mode to "input geometry" and select the tyCache. Then put the smooth on the tyMesher instead.
(10-18-2020, 02:11 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Maybe it's a VRay 5 issue then. It's possible in their implementation of tyFlow support they are manually overriding the particle interface option in the tyCache, and thus treating all tyCaches/tyFlows as instances internally, regardless of user settings.

Try this:

Create a tyMesher, set mode to "input geometry" and select the tyCache. Then put the smooth on the tyMesher instead.

Tyson you are one in a billion man. Can't thank you enough for this! That worked :-)

THANK YOU!
I have the same problem.

I am trying to follow these steps to resolve it : 
''Create a tyMesher, set mode to "input geometry" and select the tyCache. Then put the smooth on the tyMesher instead.''

However, I don't understand how I can select tyCache? Did you mean I have to select TyFlow object (in which case it doesn't seem to work)?

Thanks
It's a Vray issue - I've reported it on ChaosGroup forum - https://forum.tyflow.com/thread-2509.html it seems that no modifiers on top of tyFlow works with Vray GPU Sad