Voronoi fracture, make particles expand while preserving rotation
Hi guys! 

I have been trying a relatively simple setup where I inherit object rotation from the sphere and want it to break into pieces and slowly expand. I managed to get rotation from an object by using the Birth object operator, with Voronoi fracture and object bind to preserve the rotation. However, I find it difficult to make them push out gradually while also preserving rotation. If I apply the Physics switch it gets stuck on one frame and doesn't preserve animation anymore.

Any ideas would be much appreciated
Thank you
Trying to maintain an outward velocity like that while rotating is a bit tricky...it means all the particles will have a curved trajectory which isn't the easiest thing to wrangle.

Why not just simulate the particles moving out without the rotation, cache to tyCache, set the tyCache coords to local and then rotate the tyCache? Unless you need the particles to eventually dynamically react to something in world space, that seems like the easiest approach.
(02-11-2022, 01:56 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Trying to maintain an outward velocity like that while rotating is a bit tricky...it means all the particles will have a curved trajectory which isn't the easiest thing to wrangle.

Why not just simulate the particles moving out without the rotation, cache to tyCache, set the tyCache coords to local and then rotate the tyCache? Unless you need the particles to eventually dynamically react to something in world space, that seems like the easiest approach.

Thank you very much for the answer! That sounds like the easier solution. Really appreciate the help. 

Best,

(02-11-2022, 01:56 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Trying to maintain an outward velocity like that while rotating is a bit tricky...it means all the particles will have a curved trajectory which isn't the easiest thing to wrangle.

Just a quick question. In the past when I tried rotating tycache it will always go back to the original position of simulation. Although, that time I was using Tysplines. 
When you are talking about setting coordinates to local for tycache, is it something I need to look for in tyflow or are you talking about literally rotating on local axis in Max?
I'm talking about literally setting rotation keyframes on the tyCache object.

The reason it would snap back is because by default tyCache coordinates are set to world-space. If you change the coordinates to local space in the tyCache object settings, you'll be able to move/rotate/scale the tyCache object and the cached particles will follow the transform animation.