Inconsistent Results - Same File, Same Machine
I have a fairly complex setup using several birth shapes, Physx Binds, breaks, splines, collisions, etc.  If I dial everything in to something that is exactly the results I want, then simply re-cache or save/load the file and preview again...the results are slightly different.  This is making it very hard to get an approval from the client or to repeat a setup and expect identical results.  Is this a known issue with the PhysX engine or other solvers used in TyFlow?  Are there any ways to avoid this?  Using the latest beta build 16022 and Max 2019.  Thanks.
http://docs.tyflow.com/tyflow_particles/...indSolver/
(05-12-2019, 05:15 PM)tyFlow Wrote: http://docs.tyflow.com/tyflow_particles/...indSolver/

Thanks for the reply and link.  Very interesting and useful information.  I triple checked my flow and I don't have any regular particle bind operators, only PhysX binds.  Does this setting impact other parts of TyFlow besides particle binds?
Hmm, if you're getting indeterminism without cloth or particle physics operators, that could be a bug. You can send the scene to support@tyflow.com for me to look at, but I'm out of the country for a week so can't check it for a while. You can also try setting max threads to 1 in the main tyFlow settings to disable multithreading in case it's a threading issue.
(05-12-2019, 09:00 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm, if you're getting indeterminism without cloth or particle physics operators, that could be a bug. You can send the scene to support@tyflow.com for me to look at, but I'm out of the country for a week so can't check it for a while. You can also try setting max threads to 1 in the main tyFlow settings to disable multithreading in case it's a threading issue.

I will strip down this scene and send over a file within the next week.  In the meantime it sounds like a single threaded test is worth running as well. I'll let you know if that makes a difference.  Enjoy your much deserved vacation Tyson!
(05-12-2019, 09:37 PM)mitchfx Wrote:
(05-12-2019, 09:00 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm, if you're getting indeterminism without cloth or particle physics operators, that could be a bug. You can send the scene to support@tyflow.com for me to look at, but I'm out of the country for a week so can't check it for a while. You can also try setting max threads to 1 in the main tyFlow settings to disable multithreading in case it's a threading issue.

I will strip down this scene and send over a file within the next week.  In the meantime it sounds like a single threaded test is worth running as well. I'll let you know if that makes a difference.  Enjoy your much deserved vacation Tyson!
I just realized my flow does have one Object Bind (Surface) operator in it.  Is this also subject to the strict determinism behavior?
Object Bind shouldn't be subject to that, no. Try single-threaded mode and let me know your findings. Recently I discovered Find Target might have a threading issue in some circumstances so maybe that is it as well.