Rendering issues thread
So I think I found the core reason why people were having rendering issues in various renderers (Redshift, Corona, etc).

Here is a new build with the potential fix:

http://apps.tysonibele.com/tyflow/beta/D...low_016006

Could anyone who had issues before give that one a try and let me know what happens? Smile
Hi Tyson,

seems to be working fine now with the Redshift version of Cloth001 - will leave it rendering and check in the morning, but looking good so far!

Thanks for the new build!

(04-02-2019, 11:30 PM)SteveDeeGreen Wrote: Hi Tyson,

seems to be working fine now with the Redshift version of Cloth001 - will leave it rendering and check in the morning, but looking good so far!

Thanks for the new build!

Hmm got further then stalled... was going off to upsample pics with Gigapixel which also uses GPU... but pretty sure I've done that before with other stuff.

Going to try rendering overnight without me doing anything - see if it completes...
Max 2020 - Corona 4 latest daily

-Stuck on parsing scene (without edit mesh/poly modifier)
-Render ok with edit mesh/poly modifier
-Interactive render ok with editmesh/poly modifier
-Interactive freeze without editmesh/poly modifier
Thanks guy for the update. I'll use this thread to post further updates related to render issues so that everything is in the same place.
Well, Redshift rendered OK overnight - so not sure if something else I was doing in the background the first time around killed the resources, which caused it to hang, or if it's something else.

Thanks,

Steve
I have a full max freeze as soon as I enable deformation motion blur in redshift... it will just be stuck at transforming vertices.

edit: nevermind.. I can't seem to reproduce the bug consistently... will do more testing. Love tyflow so far!

edit2: It seems I have to fully run and cache the sim for the motion blur to correctly render. Maybe that's why it seems to freeze on render - my sim is pretty heavy Smile
V-Ray Next Update 2: As soon as I click start IPR it crashes Max (2018)

System: i7 6850k@ 4.3GHz, RAMx64GB, Win10

Will find some time and record it.

Regards,
Ledian
Hi there!

I just downloaded the new build,
opened a new max scene,
added a tyflow,
added a preset icon tyflow,
It renders with max scanline but OCTANE shows no particles... just empty scene

Oh! I just tried to deactivate the Render Only checker in the MESH Operator and it renders...
Of course I would prefer to have that unchecked... Smile
0mega: I've tried reproducing the crash with deformation moblur turned on in Redshift and have been unable to.

That said, in the next build that I'll be releasing soon, there are some further improvements which avoid threading race conditions in 3rd party renderers. I can't say for sure if that's what caused your crash, but if it is then it should not happen anymore.
Motion Blur in Vray only sometimes work. TF 0,16007 3dsmax 2019, Vray 4.2.
I had a scene with PhysX yesterday which rendered with motion blur. My actual scene with simple particle physics don't.
I've lowered the time step to 1/8 and checked Spin and Velocity in Cache but nothing helps.
Hi Tyson,

On Max 2018 / Corona 3 Hotfix 1
The tyFlow v0.16007 update works pretty well, rendering and IR, without edit mesh/poly on it. (tested with : tyflow_clothTearing_001)

But I still have the warning message,"..Bitmap paging.." and sometimes a warning "System is running low on RAM...".
Not sure what the Bitmap Paging error is, but I don't think that's related to tyFlow. tyFlow doesn't change the Bitmap Pager at all.

vklein: tyFlow only supports VRay NEXT in 2020 right now. If you have a changing particle count in 2017/2018/2019, you won't get proper motion blur since your particles are being rendered as meshes (not instances) and thus it's having trouble calculating moBlur for a changing topology.
I follow this step :

https://corona-renderer.com/forum/index.php/topic,1662

https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/sup...textures-w

and the error message is gone.
Hmm,

tried rendering the worms demo scene last night in redshift.

Added SSS to the worms, single area light with volume, bokeh and GI.

Started off OK but got about halfway overnight and Max is not responding.

Does the GPU fight over resources? Maybe it should all be cached pre-render?
Hey Steve,

The next build (v0.16009) that will be out soon has a few more fixes that may clear up the issue you're having. Hang tight, it'll be out in a bit Smile Sorry about the trouble you're having...each of these renderers has its own quirks that I've been chasing down rabbit holes. Slowly getting closer to global renderer stability.
Here's another V-Ray for you.

Max 2019/2020.  TyFlow .016007.  VRay Next Update 1.2(4.10.03.00001)

When rendering a simple frame, VRay will render particles with motion blur.  And if I render a sequence manually -- meaning, I set the frame/hit render, set the next frame/hit render, rinse and repeat.  Then the particle system will render each frame with motion blur, and will advance the simulation.

If I set Max to render the sequence and let it go, then the particle cache does not advance beyond the start frame.
Todd Sheridan Perry
Director - Teaspoon Media, Inc
VFX Supervisor - TeaspoonVFX
Senior Tech Writer - Animation Magazine
(04-06-2019, 08:02 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Hey Steve,

The next build (v0.16009) that will be out soon has a few more fixes that may clear up the issue you're having. Hang tight, it'll be out in a bit Smile Sorry about the trouble you're having...each of these renderers has its own quirks that I've been chasing down rabbit holes. Slowly getting closer to global renderer stability.

Hey Tyson,

no worries at all - I was chatting to the boss of the place I'm working at and saying how tough it must be supporting the various renderers, even Chaos Group alone has 3.6, Next + GPU versions + Corona

Just happy to play with it!

Cheers

Steve
Hey Todd,

Thanks for the report, a couple things changed in v0.16008 and soon to be v0.16009 that hopefully fixes those problems Smile
Rendering was OK on a similar scene to the one that seized - annoyingly I didn't save exactly the same scene that locked up, so will try to reproduce same settings - but looking good so far...

Thanks!
In Octane I found the same problem as Todd...
When I render (with the tyFlow 0.16010) a "single frame", the Motion blur works, when I render with "active time segment" it doesn't work...
Undecided
i have issues with vray next while adding render elements .. the whole image goes black for few render trails and then after few more open and close of the scene it shows up .. so from time to time . .it works and don't (only when i add vray denoiser)
I can't even get Octane to run on my machine at all (gives me a GPU error anytime I try to render)...so I'm unable to test any Octane renders here or provide official support for it. I need to ping the devs at some point to try and get the issue fixed.

peshang: are you using VRay NEXT GPU IPR by chance? There's an issue with it at the moment....if not, please send the scene to support@tyflow.com so I can try it out.
Hi Tyson,

stability seems a lot better on the 16010 build, but I'm getting an odd one where the spline mesher won't render for a single frame.

I have got motion blur turned on in Redshift which works otherwise - not sure if that's the culprit?

Thanks,

Steve
Vray material displacement doesn´t seem to work, if you assign Material to tyFlow icon.

Vraydisplacement modifier works, if you set mesh op to triangle mesh and untick "render only".

Vraymaterial displacement would be handy in case you are birthing different particle shapes, that are supposed to have different displacements on them.
Very odd Steve...I'll make a note and look into it when I can.

insertmesh: I'll look into the VRay material displacement problem too. Although a displacement modifier will 100% not work when rendering as instances, since instances aren't modifiable geo.