TyCache - Cull by volume - Animated objects
Hi,

Any chance that the Cull by Volume feature could handle animated culling objects? Trying to limit the particles by a simple box that i have animated. It seems the culling only "takes" statically on the frame where you enabled the culling, kind of frozen.
I can't reproduce this....I created a simple cache and animated a box moving through it...and the culling works as expected, updating over time.

Are you using the latest build?
(08-31-2022, 03:12 AM)tyFlow Wrote: I can't reproduce this....I created a simple cache and animated a box moving through it...and the culling works as expected, updating over time.

Are you using the latest build?

I see. After a little bit of digging: If (Timing, Time) Frame offset is used it stops working.

Using latest build.

Max file + TyCache: https://we.tl/t-kY6xP71epX
Thanks for the file.

The issue is occurring because the culling object is being evaluated at the same frame as the cache...so when you offset the cache it's effectively offsetting the box animation.

While that sort of makes sense...it's confusing and definitely not intuitive...so in the next build I will make sure that culling objects are evaluated independent of any cache retimings.