Octane renders event that is not supposed to be rendred
Hi,
We have multiple events. Event one is just[attachment=2372] for display only and will spawn event 2. We don't want even 1 to be rendered. I don't understand why octane renders  event one even though it has no mesh instance added to it.  How do I make event 1 unrenderable?  Thanks

[attachment=2372]
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It appears to be an Octane bug and I'll email the devs about it.

In the meantime as a workaround:

1) Assign export groups to all the events you want to render (ex: export group A) with a Particle Groups operator. Don't assign the export group to the events you want to hide.
2) In the Interfaces rollout of your tyFlow object, enable that export group.
(09-02-2022, 03:19 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It appears to be an Octane bug and I'll email the devs about it.

In the meantime as a workaround:

1) Assign export groups to all the events you want to render (ex: export group A) with a Particle Groups operator. Don't assign the export group to the events you want to hide.
2) In the Interfaces rollout of your tyFlow object, enable that export group.

Also after caching tyflow and start rendering with octane cache gets erased and it has to cache one frame at a time during rendering

I noticed this cache problem and octane rendering events, that are not supposed to render, happen when event starts at frame 100, for example, and rendering starts at 100 or 101.... that's when octane renders unrenderable particles and cache goes away. Rendering that starts at frame 99 doesn't give us this problem
I spoke to the Octane developer and he confirmed that the rendering issue should be fixed in their next build.