Ragdoll Physics on characters
I tried following these 2 videos - 3ds Max +TyFlow TUTORIAL: Character Ragdolls +Scene Files!   &   Convert Mixamo to Max biped to use for tyFlow Crowd simulation in 3Ds MAX

The exact steps now result in an instant crash once the character touches anything on the 2023 latest version.  Any ideas why or has anyone gotten success with ragdoll actors in this version yet? Nodes are connected just a screenshot of vid to show the process.

[Image: Of9uKyJ.png]
Can you post the minidump for the crash? Info about minidumps is here: https://docs.tyflow.com/feedback/bugs

Also last night I came across a rogue PhysX error caused by the latest PhysX 5 SDK that can cause a crash in some circumstances when using convex hulls as the PhysX shape of your particles. I've fixed the issue now and the fix will be in the next build...since you're using PhysX, I'm wondering if maybe that's the cause of your issue...

Either way, the minidump will provide me with more info.
(03-24-2023, 05:46 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Can you post the minidump for the crash? Info about minidumps is here: https://docs.tyflow.com/feedback/bugs

Also last night I came across a rogue PhysX error caused by the latest PhysX 5 SDK that can cause a crash in some circumstances when using convex hulls as the PhysX shape of your particles. I've fixed the issue now and the fix will be in the next build...since you're using PhysX, I'm wondering if maybe that's the cause of your issue...

Thanks for the response!  It crashes directly to desktop but I was able to get the tyflow logs at least.  Here's one with just write to file and one with all debugging options checked - 

Google Drive Tyflow Logs
Hmm yea it does seem like it's crashing during the PhysX processing, as suspected.

If you send me the file I can see if it'll run in the latest build here with the potential fix.

You can also switch your PhysX hulls to 'Box' for now to see if that solves the problem (instead of 'convex'). The result will be different but for testing purposes at least it will run.
(03-24-2023, 05:46 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Can you post the minidump for the crash? Info about minidumps is here: https://docs.tyflow.com/feedback/bugs

Also, changing from convex or compound to box/sphere/mesh prevented the crash.  So maybe you did already get it, good catch!.

(03-24-2023, 06:50 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm yea it does seem like it's crashing during the PhysX processing, as suspected.

If you send me the file I can see if it'll run in the latest build here with the potential fix.

You can also switch your PhysX hulls to 'Box' for now to see if that solves the problem (instead of 'convex'). The result will be different but for testing purposes at least it will run.

.max   Ragdoll.max (Size: 972 KB / Downloads: 71)