VRayVelocity channel
Hi, 

this is a simple setup of the cloth tear. wondering if i am missing anything. 

when i turn on the motion blur, could not get any reading in Vray vel channel. but when i turn the MB off, instead, i have the velocity. 

attachment image to show my issue, if anyone can help me fix it

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hmm...that's odd....I'll look into this.
Isn't this normal VRay behaviour with all renderings?
(04-17-2019, 06:30 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm...that's odd....I'll look into this.

Thanks Tyson. Smile
So I can reproduce the issue, but can't figure out why the vectors aren't being generated. I've contacted ChaosGroup to see if they can help.
(04-18-2019, 04:30 AM)tyFlow Wrote: So I can reproduce the issue, but can't figure out why the vectors aren't being generated. I've contacted ChaosGroup to see if  they can help.

good point! just trying it out with PF, TP. all has the same issue. no velocity vector render directly with particle when motion blur is on. needs to mesher or xmesh out then you get the velocity. 

i will also checking out the Chaos forums, 

thanks Tyson
I got a reply from ChaosGroup and will try to implement the method they proposed in the next build. So hopefully this issue can be resolved.
(04-18-2019, 09:16 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I got a reply from ChaosGroup and will try to implement the method they proposed in the next build. So hopefully this issue can be resolved.

Hallo 
i tested the vrayvelocity renderelement for the current release. it seems not to work for now , right ? 
i got a weird colored renderelement only if i turn on motionblur. 

You can see it in the attached Image. All particles have different colors but the fly in the same direction… 

Regards
H.Kroeber

Are they spinning? maybe I'm wrong, it looks fine.
(04-25-2019, 02:13 PM)Refik Wrote: Are they spinning? maybe I'm wrong, it looks fine.

I tested another Scene and the result seems to be correct but still no vrayvelocity if i turn of the motionblur. 

Regards
H.Kroeber
Which version of VRay are you using?
(04-26-2019, 06:15 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Which version of VRay are you using?

(04-26-2019, 08:55 AM)hkroeber Wrote:

i updated to the newest vray V3.70 but still not vrayvelocity with no motionblur…

Regards
H.Kroeber
Can you share this scene for testing in Gpu Next?

i tested the correctness of the renderelement again.

i got 2 Scenes with similar particlesystems. one in pflow, the other one in tyflow and got these results .
i think there is  something wrong.. 

Regards
H.Kroeber

(04-26-2019, 01:32 PM)Refik Wrote: Can you share this scene for testing in Gpu Next?

i have this Problem in every Scene.

Your screenshots aren't labeled so I don't know which is which.

I also don't understand the problem you're having. You previously stated you were getting no VRayVelocity channel but your last screenshots imply both are returning colors.

Only thing I can think of, regarding your last screenshots, is that it's possible velocities in the VRayVelocity channel are not being calculated at the correct time scale. The VRay SDK is a bit confusing in that regard and once I confirm the problem you're having I can talk to the devs about it.
(04-26-2019, 10:31 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Your screenshots aren't labeled so I don't know which is which.

I also don't understand the problem you're having. You previously stated you were getting no VRayVelocity channel but your last screenshots imply both are returning colors.

Only thing I can think of, regarding your last screenshots, is that it's possible velocities in the VRayVelocity channel are not being calculated at the correct time scale. The VRay SDK is a bit confusing in that regard and once I confirm the problem you're having I can talk to the devs about it.

i only get a vrayvelocity if i turn on motionblur. 

to the screenshots: first is pflow,  second is tyflow.

i am not sure how i can help to define the issue more 

Regards
H.Kroeber
(04-26-2019, 10:31 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Your screenshots aren't labeled so I don't know which is which.

am i the only one here who have this Velocity Problem? 

i tested with the newest Version of tyflow and tried a scanline test. same Problem. there is nothing in the Velocity nor in the vrayvelocity channel.

if i turn on the motionblur there is Information but its wrong. and on the other Hand: if i render an Image with motionblur i dont Need a Velocity chanel anymore.

Regards
H.Kroeber
I still have to look into this again.
This has now been re-addressed in v0.16019.