Simulation seems to stop when PC locks screen
At work my PC goes locks the PC after 15 minutes, you cannot change this. Any running simulation seems to pause when that happens so it can't simulate over night. I'm not sure about the exact cause but every try to simulate something and i come back later, the simulation have stopped in the middle of nowhere. Is there any way to force a simulation instead of only using the max timeline?

Simulations also seem to stop sometimes at what seems at random when i am tabbed into something else working. It seems like the real time timeline simulation is somewhat unreliable for me. I still can't seem to find a cause. I am not running out of any system resources, and when it stops i can just start it again and it's fine.
Exactly same issue here.
When you say it stops, do you mean you hit play and it stops?

If you have autosave enabled in max, it will interrupt playback.

If your max is actually *freezing*, that's a different issue.
(04-05-2019, 07:09 AM)tyFlow Wrote: When you say it stops, do you mean you hit play and it stops?

If you have autosave enabled in max, it will interrupt playback.

If your max is actually *freezing*, that's a different issue.

Yeah when i hit play in the timeline and it is playing/simulating, it stops seemingly out of random. I did not know max Autosaved during playback, i will try to disable it and see if it works! Smile

But if that's the reason it would be awesome if it would be possible to make it so it doesn't interrupt during simulation without having to manually turning autoback off.

I can see it's not due to Autoback since it wasn't on in the first place for this project. I will try to record my screen when i leave it to see if i can catch when it stops.
Ok sure, if you're able to record your screen that will help. Maybe some other notification is pushing through.

In general, instead of pressing play (which can be interrupted for a variety of reasons), just type in the end frame into the frame type in at the bottom right of the screen. The time slider will snap to that frame and the flow will be forced to evaluate for the full duration.

I have no control over whether the animation stops or starts within tyFlow, so if playing the animation is interrupted, there's nothing I can do about it.
(04-05-2019, 07:49 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Ok sure, if you're able to record your screen that will help. Maybe some other notification is pushing through.

In general, instead of pressing play (which can be interrupted for a variety of reasons), just type in the end frame into the frame type in at the bottom right of the screen. The time slider will snap to that frame and the flow will be forced to evaluate for the full duration.

I have no control over whether the animation stops or starts within tyFlow, so if playing the animation is interrupted, there's nothing I can do about it.

Ah i didn't think about just going straight to the end frame. That would sound like it would solve the issue, cheers Smile
IN the agency where I work as SEO I started inventing a little with the program and something similar happened to me but I think if you're able to record your screen that will help. Maybe some other notification is pushing through. In general, instead of pressing play (which can be interrupted for a variety of reasons), just type in the end frame into the frame type in at the bottom right of the screen. The time slider will snap to that frame and the flow will be forced to evaluate for the full duration.
If you have autosave enabled in max, it will interrupt playback. Flappy Bird