Shape operator - include children option.
Hey Tyson,

would it be possible to add the option for "include children" within the shape operator like here?

[Image: AnyDesk_E7GhWwDJLM.png]

I'm aware that we have the "split group members" function but as far as I know most users including me try to avoid groups at any costs.
IMHO it would be much cooler and more elegant to just have a dummy as a reference node and the hierarchy below it would be the shape or the elements.
I think managing link-hierarchies is much easier than managing opening and closing groups and adding and removing geo from and to it. 
Though I understand that this is the "old" pflow style and I do understand that people might understand the feature better if they come from a Pflow background.

Thanks
-Robert

One more thing Smile It would actually be very cool to have an "include children" option within the collider node picker like so:

[Image: AnyDesk_UUGnZqqedl.png]

If you have a VFX scenario with a series of shots and you have to be able to quickly port a tyflow setup from shot to shot with similar FX but for example changing colliders, it can be much easier to just manage a hierarchy beneath a dummy than having to re-pick within a list box all the time. I am not sure how much of a performance hit it would be SDK wise, so if the collector function would have to be re-evaluated all the time it would probably be too much of a performance hit. But that is for you to decide! Big Grin

Thanks for considering.
-Robert
For collisions, use a tyCollection helper....that's what they were made for. As for the Shape operator, it doesn't yet take tyCollection or hierarchy input. Perhaps something to add in the future...
I did not know about the tyCollection helper! Smile Great!

Thank you!