Lego Explosion Look
I just saw the lego explosion on Instagram and was wondering how that was created. I'm not really a 3d user as I just started, so I would appreciate as much help as possible. I tried it with Phoenix but I cant seem to get the birth voxels to appear on the phoenix explosion.
Use Birth Fluid and then move the particles to cell-like locations using the discretize operator. You can also use the Fuse operator to delete overlapping particles once they snap into place.

Or you can use Birth Voxels and then the Fluid Properties operator in combination with a Property Test operator to cull particles outside of cells with high velocity, etc.

There are a variety of different ways to do it.
(09-23-2019, 01:01 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Use Birth Fluid and then move the particles to cell-like locations using the discretize operator. You can also use the Fuse operator to delete overlapping particles once they snap into place.

Or you can use Birth Voxels and then the Fluid Properties operator in combination with a Property Test operator to cull particles outside of cells with high velocity, etc.

There are a variety of different ways to do it.

Thank you for the reply. So let me rephrase, I have almost 0 knowledge of 3ds max. I just follow tutorials and have not created anything from scratch before. Any chance you can simply the instructions a little? I have no idea what it means right now.
If you're completely new to 3dsmax, I'd suggest maybe following along with some basic tutorials first to get the hang of things. If you want tyFlow-specific tutorials, RedefineFX has some good ones.
(09-30-2019, 07:49 PM)tyFlow Wrote: If you're completely new to 3dsmax, I'd suggest maybe following along with some basic tutorials first to get the hang of things. If you want tyFlow-specific tutorials, RedefineFX has some good ones.

I have used 3ds max before but its just following along. No actual training. So if you ask me to like destroy a building, I'd look up a tutorial and then copy what they do and then tweak it so it works for what I need it for. But thank you for the reference, I'll check out the channel.