Question about one of the example files "tyFlow_freiOtto_001"
Hi,

I have been experimenting with that specific file example, in it we get to see the particle binding/attraction happening creating a web like effect as soon as the particles or strings are generated. 

What I want to do is to tell the "Custom properties" node or operator responsible for the attraction to delay the attraction effect for X amount of frames, I would like the strings to settle first calmly for X amount of frames before the attraction effect kicks in. Unfortunately I found no way to do this yet, I tried animating the "Multiplier" parameter on the custom node but it doesn't seem to work while animated.

Is there a way to do this?

* Hate to add in a second quick question here, but any tips on how to apply multiple colors to the generated tyspline Tube meshes? *Edit:Managed to assign different mats by placing edit mesh modifier over Typline mesher and manually selecting elements assigning Id's + Materials to them, hope there is a more intuitive way to assign Mat Id's.

Many thanks!
Smile just want to bump this I'm still hoping someone has an answer or a hint on any of the points that could help, thank you in advance!
Why not set the timing properties on the Bind operator to wait until the frame you want?
(11-21-2019, 03:47 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Why not set the timing properties on the Bind operator to wait until the frame you want?

First, thank you again for your reply!

If I understand you correctly, you would like me to set timing properties on the "Custom properties" node (attachment below).  I tried that unfortunately has no affect. I tried different things such as age and frame. Perhaps I am missing something or approaching it in a wrong way.

Also I can't wait until the frame I want because the frame I want does not have the time to exist, The particles shoot out as strings and immediately web together no time is given for them to settle first.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nope not Custom Properties...the Bind operator as mentioned above (in particular, the second Bind operator creating bindings with ID=1).

It's what creates the attraction, so it's what you want to delay. So, for example, set it's timing to "frame 50-125" and it'll only create attraction between those frames.

You can enable its "show bindings" option to see exactly what it's doing.
(11-21-2019, 11:51 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Nope not Custom Properties...the Bind operator as mentioned above (in particular, the second Bind operator creating bindings with ID=1).

It's what creates the attraction, so it's what you want to delay. So, for example, set it's timing to "frame 50-125" and it'll only create attraction between those frames.

You can enable its "show bindings" option to see exactly what it's doing.

Oh I get you that works! All this time I thought it was the custom operator working the attraction and particle binding was exclusively for the string creation.

Thank you for your time.